In this episode we talk about one of the most common questions I hear from optometrists: should I pay down debt or should I be saving for retirement? While every person’s situation is different, it’s important to understand the one theme and idea that’s constant in that equation: the time value of money and compounding interest.
During the show, I’ll discuss:
- How compounding interest works, using a snowman as an analogy
- A hypothetical example showing the real cost of waiting
- The max number of years you should take to pay off student loans while not saving for retirement
- The order and type of accounts you should consider when you start saving
- The power of habits and how to start small
Enjoy our content? Subscribe for regular updates!
*Fine print: You'll get a digest of the content we've created every two weeks. We hate SPAM
and promise to keep your email address safe. Unsubscribe at any time.